Friday, 11 April 2008

Accent UK Robots


I've become very involved with Accent UK Comics, a small press comics company set in the North West of England. I did a strip in one of their earlier anthologies 'Twelve" after Dave West saw some of my badly printed mini comics in Millennium Comics, Northwich.

One thing led to another and I'm now their 'art director' and oversee all the design and pre-production of the comics and also help with flyers and banners for conventions.

We hope that the quality of the books now has really helped push them beyond what people consider 'small press' to be. The reaction to 'Zombies' and 'The Wolfmen' when they launched at last years Bristol Comics Convention certainly made us think we're on the right track.

More about those later...

Robots is in the latest Previews catalogue and is due to be launched at this years Bristol Con.

I'm lucky enough to have done 2 strips inside. One with my collaborator on 'Zombies' Kieron (Phonogram) Gillen and also John Reppion and Leah Moore (Albion). There are some great strips and very talented creators inside the 204 page book that will retail for a bargainous £8.50 - order yours today!

No comments: