Wednesday, 22 October 2008

End of an era...

Yep, decided to hang up my pencils and pens after Wolfmen 2 is finished and my contribution to Western is done.

The sad part is I just don't have the time anymore with 2 little ones to look after, and with it being just a hobby it's gotten harder and harder to justify spending the time on something I don't receive any payment for unfortunately.

I will of course continue to do design and layout work for Accent UK but that's as far as it will go.

If anyone who reads this knows me, will know that I've been drawing for as long as I can remember, and it's gonna be very tough to see the anthologies and not see my work in it, just as it's going to be really hard to see Wolfmen 3 drawn by someone else :-(

At least it should come out quicker than If I was doing it though!!

There's still a way to go yet... I've still got a bit of work to do yet.

It may 'only be a hobby' but I feel that a big part of my life for so long is coming to an end... and yeah, I am quite sad about it.

2 comments:

John Reppion said...

Very sad news indeed sir but totally understandable with two new twins about the place. Hopefully we can still persuade you to do the odd pin up or cover at least. I believe I speak for everyone who has ever seen any of your stuff when I say that we eagerly await the day when you come back out of retirement.

It was a pleasure working with you on the Robots story and at least there's still a couple of Bloor projects to look forward to. See you behind the Accent UK table soon mate and very best to you and yours.

Andy Bloor said...

Thanks John... was an absolute blast to work with both of you too. I'm hoping I can work around this somehow... maybe leaving it all behind might be harder than I think :-)