Friday, 7 August 2009

Whatever Happened to the World's Fastest Man


Finally finished my pinup for the book this week and just a little bit of work to do on the interior design of the book and we're there I think. Needless to say the reviews this has been getting are well deserved for both Dave and Marleen... and although my contribution is only a small one in the book, I'm still really, really happy to be in it.

The look of the book is like no other comic I think, and both Dave and I have worked very hard to get this right... I think this will surprise many people when they see it (fingers crossed of course!).

There's a very nice film 'story' in it too that I couldn't help but smile when Dave sent it over :-)

As a little insight into my work (for those interested) above shows the various stages of the pinup.

Pencils first, scanned in and then I inked some bits in illustrator then imported them into photoshop and then printed the whole page out (at 30% cyan, slightly larger scale) and did the majority of the inking the old fashioned way. Finally, the art was scanned back in and greytoned in my very basic style that works for my stuff I think.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it... doesn't hold a candle to Marleens' superb work, but what can?

7 comments:

Laughing Indio said...

Thats gooood squisheee!
Bang on Andy love it, its really doom laden.

Andy Bloor said...

Cheers Indio... glad you like it!

Dave West said...

I will have this for my collection of original comic art ... remember ... I know where you live :o)

shane oakley said...

lo,andy. much impressed with your composition, very strong and moody, composed like a movie poster -brill!

Dave West said...

Hey people .. stop praising it already ... it's just increasing its value ... and cost to me ... I must have it ...

Andy Bloor said...

Thanks Shane, that means a lot coming from you... cheers. Dave... LOL!

nike said...

Truly a nice blog and excellent anylasis.I like it! Wish you a nice day! I like orange nike shox tl1 shoes ,I like to buy the cheap nike shoes by the internet shop . the puma shoes and the adidas shoes (or addidas shoes) are more on internet shop .i can buy the cheap nike shoes and cheap puma shoes online. It’s really convenient.
Many persons more like Puma basket shoes than nike air rift shoes . the Puma Cat shoes is a kind of Cheap Puma Shoes .
If you want to buy the Cheap Nike Air shoes ,you can buy them online. They are same as the Nike Air shoes authorized shop. Very high-caliber Air shoes and puma cat shoes . the cheap puma shoes as same as other.
edhardyis the world famouse clothing brand famouse for the mens edhardy shirt , mens edhardy jacket , mens edhardy shirt , mens edhardy jeans,womens edhardy boots , women long sleeve shirt, ed hardy accessories , edhardy clothing, edhardy sunglasses, ed hardy jeans, ed hardy, ed hardy clothing, ed hardy clothes, ed-hardy.co.uk, ed hardy shirts, ed hardy mens