Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Below Pinup


Finally recovering from the dreaded sickness bug so thought it time for a quick update.

Last week I was lucky to be asked to do a pinup for an American anthology called '8am' put together by the guys from the tales from the parents basement website with a little help from Mr. Dave West as well. They've been big supporters of Accent UK on their podcasts and both Dave and Marleen Lowe have contributed a new "Whatever Happened To The World's Fastest Man' prequel story inside (which I can't wait to see!!). Each of the stories inside has a pinup by a different artist so I was asked to do one but it had to be done pretty quicky!

Here is my original little doodle - to quick pencils to quick (for me) inks and tones. All in all I'm fairly happy with the end product. Righto back to Wolfmen!

3 comments:

Dave West said...

Excellent work Andy ... the book'll be all the better for having a contribution from yourself in it.

Doc Zane said...

Dave said it all.

RyanGDoman said...

Andy -

This is Ryan, from the TPB gang. "Below" was my story in the book. I can't thank you enough for contributing this pinup. It was amazing to see another version of the character and monster - especially from someone as talented as yourself! Thank you so much.

Looking forward to Wolfmen II !!!!