Monday, 9 August 2010

Lettering woes...

Well, last week I sent Dave the final pages that I've spent god-knows-how-long-of-my-life-working-on these last few years and sadly he didn't like them. 'Rubbish!' he said, 're-draw them all or I'll replace you with another artist!!'

So it's back to the drawing board to do it all over again... see you in another 3 years :-(

I'm kidding of course, well at least I hope I am. Truth be told he quite liked them so we're on to the next stage of completing the book which entails Dave re-working his script to fit in with my pages. I love this bit as it finally makes the book come together as a whole and it does seem like I'm reading it for the first time. The only downside is the lettering... which I hate doing. And I've got quite a few pages to do of it this time as well.

We've picked the final cover, the interior design is sorted, all the pinups are done (bar one but I don't think I'll get that one for this book) so just the scripting, lettering and final proofing to do... and the special limited edition cover :-)

Lots to do... best get started!!

No comments: