Thursday, 4 November 2010

Eagle Awards 2010

Massive congratulations are due to Dave and Marleen as 'Whatever Happened to the World's Fastest Man?' won the 2010 Eagle Award for best British black and white comic book published in 2009 award. This was so unexpected, and came as a huge surprise, although one that is fully deserved! I did all the book design and an uncredited pinup in the book so I'm glad to be even a small part of the winning team.

I still meant to write a bit about BICS, like I said it was a bit up and down for me, I think after the tremendous launch at Whatever Comics anything would pale in comparison and I guess BICS did a little for me. It was a good show though, I only managed to be there Saturday sadly due to ill members of the family so perhaps I might have had a better day Sunday, who knows?

Still, the books sold very well. 'Fall of the Wolfmen' was the clear best seller, with 'The Wolfmen' not far behind. Not bad for a book that's been out there for 3 years!

Here are a couple of great reviews for the book that have popped up in internet land:



For me next? Not sure at the moment, got some short stories to do for the anthologies which will be quite relaxing, plotting something new with Eagle Award winner Dave West... and perhaps attempting to work on something for myself, just for fun too.

And the third (and final) Wolfmen book? Well, taking a break from that for a bit... I think I need to really for my own sanity. Working on one book/project for so long is very draining. It'll be good to do something new for a change, then return to complete the story when I'm all refreshed and ready to tackle it 100%.

That's the plan anyway. Onwards and upwards...

No comments: