Wednesday, 24 August 2011

PREDATORS finally unleashed to stalk BICS 2011!!

It's been a long time coming but finally, the delayed PREDATORS anthology is done*, printed and ready to be unleashed this coming weekend at the BICS one day comic show in Birmingham.

*Well actually it was all done some time ago now, which is very odd and the lure to go and re-draw my strip in it was very tempting (as I did complete it pretty quickly I seem to remember). But I decided to leave it as it, and bar a few tweaks here and there to the design etc there wasn't that much to do when the call finally came to send it to print.

It's a fine looking book, under a fantastic cover by the talented Kev Mullins (with the blue tint added by myself, Kev's cover was actually grayscale) there are a wide variety of stories in there by regular and new contributors alike and they've all done a superb job.

I've teamed up with Mo Ali, himself a talented artist to do a gruesome little ditty called 'SKIN DEEP'. Mo was a joy to work with and I hope to do something with him again very soon.

It's been a hectic few weeks, with the day job, freelance work, both this (Predators and also the reprint of Dave's Strange Times collection) to work on for print and a few other bits and bobs hasn't left much time for any drawing so I'm trying to get back into that now.

I'm about to start a pinup for another regular anthology contributor, Kirk Manley (cover artist on 'Western') for his book 'Z-Girl and the 4 Tigers', you can find the website here where copies of issue 0 and 1 are available.

Lastly, this week I answered a call from Mark Millar on his Millarworld site asking if anyone can do an ad at short notice, I offered my services and as a result my ad will appear in issue 4 of Kick-Ass 2 #4!!. And that's not all, as 'thank you' for doing it he gave me a rather special... I'm not saying anymore than that yet incase I jinx it :-D

1 comment:

Steve Howard said...

looking forward to seeing predators it seems so so sooo long ago i did my strip for it


intrigued by your special thingy too