Friday, 17 February 2012

Into the Woods Cover Process

The Into the Woods: A Fairytale Anthology has been printed and looks fantastic. There are some very talented creators taking part in the book and it's well worth your time and money.

The book will debut at the Cardiff Comic Expo at the end of February, and will be on sale at many of the UK cons this year. I think Stacey is setting up an online way of buying the book that will go live after the books launch. You can find that here.

Stacey has blogged about the book on her blog here!

I've had so many great comments on the cover that have really cheered me up though the many bouts of severe confidence issues I'm having with my work lately. It's all really appreciated, but the contribution of artist/colourist extraordinaire Steve Howard should never be underestimated. You can see from the cover process above that he really added so much to make this cover work, that I really can't thank him enough.

Next up will be Zombies 2 or '2ombies' from Accent UK, the next anthology... and after that is 'Josiah Black' from Dave West and Gary Crutchley. Readers of my blog will remember I originally developed this with Dave for me to draw, but I decided to ask Gary to do take over as I wasn't sure I was up to the task. Gary has added more to the project than just drawing the hell out of it, and his contributions have elevated the book into something really special.

You can see some of it at Gary's blog here. 'Josiah Black' is a 4 issue mini-series, with the first part coming very soon from Accent UK. I will be still involved in the book, even in a small way, by doing all the design/pre-press and production work on the book.

And I can't wait to see it!!.

2 comments:

Gary Crutchley said...

Crackin' Andy. really powerful image...Love the pencilled version. Should be proud mate.
Cheers for the add about Josiah Black.

Dave West said...

Great stuff as always Andy ... a very striking cover that really catches the eye ... very nice.